CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken
Yields: 6 servings
• 1/2 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
• 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
• 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
• 3 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
• 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• ½ cup water
Chicken and Vegetables
• 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
• 1 head broccoli, cut into florets and stems
• 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
• 2 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
• 1 cup unsalted roasted cashews
1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together sauce ingredients.
2. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring regularly, until sauce thickens.
3. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
5. Place chicken on prepared sheet pan, and drizzle 1/3 sauce over chicken.
6. Toss chicken to coat in sauce.
7. Cook for 10 minutes.
8. Remove pan from oven, and place broccoli, bell peppers, and cashews in a single layer around the chicken.
9. Pour remaining sauce over chicken and veggies; toss to coat.
10. Return pan to the oven, and continue cooking for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
11. Serve by itself or over white rice, brown rice, or quinoa.
12. Sprinkle with extra cashews, if desired.