CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Roasted Sausage, Veggies & Quinoa
Yields: 4 servings
• 16 ounces Smoked Turkey or Chicken Sausage cut into 1'' rounds
• 2 cups sweet potato diced into ½'' cubes
• 2 cups broccoli florets
• 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
• 1 cup uncooked quinoa, any variety
• 2 cups water or broth
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. To cook sausage and veggies: Pre-heat oven to 400F. Combine the sausage, veggies, garlic, olive oil, and seasoning in a large baking sheet. Toss veggies with until they are fully combined and coated with olive oil and spices. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
2. To Make quinoa: Rinse quinoa in a medium saucepan thoroughly with cool water. Add water and salt and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to the lowest setting and cooked covered for 15 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff the quinoa gently with a fork.
3. To assemble: Divide quinoa into 4 meal prep containers. Top with sausage and veggies. Cover and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.