You don't need a lot of time to "pack a punch" when you pack your lunch with this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Quick & Easy Quinoa and Korean Beef Bowl. Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Quick & Easy Quinoa and Korean Beef Bowl
Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
• 1 cup quinoa, dry but rinsed
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 pound lean ground beef
• 1/3 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
• 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, adjust depending on how spicy you like it!
• salt and pepper, to taste
• 2 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Place the quinoa in a small pot and cover with 2 cups water or chicken stock. Bring to a full boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 15 minutes.
2. While the quinoa cooks, heat the oil in a large pan. Add the ground beef and brown completely. Drain the fat and rinse the meat. Clear room in the pan to cook the garlic and ginger for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
3. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
4. Add the soy sauce mixture to the ground beef and let cook for 3-5 minutes to allow the flavors to set.
5. Once the quinoa is done, take off the heat and fluff with a fork. Serve beef over quinoa, top with green onion.