Put down the Reese's peanut butter eggs! This week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Peanut Butter Protein Bites is a much healthier, and tastier option than the Easter candy. Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Peanut Butter Protein Bites
Yields: 8 servings (serving size is 2)
• 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter (or any nut butter)
• 1½ scoop vanilla protein powder
• ½ tsp. vanilla extract
• 1 tsp. cinnamon
• 20 raw, unsalted peanuts
1. Mix together all ingredients except the raw peanuts in a bowl until smooth.
2. Roll the dough into ~ 1 inch balls. You should end up with 16.
3. Place the raw peanuts in a blender and pulse several times until you have small pieces. If you don't have a blender, you can chop them instead.
4. Roll the balls in the peanut crumbles and transfer them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Place in the refrigerator and let set for at least 20-30 minutes.
6. These can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 6 weeks.