Quick. Easy. And an extremely long shelf life. This week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Peanut Butter & Jelly Energy Balls is the perfect "go to" in between meals. Enjoy!
Remember that we add a new Macro Monday Recipe weekly, and with over 2 years of unique additions, the CFSC blog has anything and everything you can think of!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
PB&J Energy Balls
Yields: 14 balls
• 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter or other nut butter
• 1/4 cup maple syrup (or sub finely chopped dates)
• 2 scoops protein powder
• 1 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
• 2 1/2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
• 2 Tbsp chia seeds
• 1/4 cup dried fruit (i.e. dried strawberries, cherries, blueberries, cranberries)
1. To a large mixing bowl, add peanut butter, maple syrup, protein powder, rolled oats, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, and dried fruit of choice. Mix until well combined.
2. Chill in the refrigerator for 5 minutes. Then scoop out 1 1/2 Tbsp amounts and roll into balls.
3. The "dough" should yield about 13-14 balls
4. Enjoy immediately and store leftovers in the refrigerator for 1 week or in the freezer up to 1 month (or more).