You wouldn't normally put pizza and meal prep in the same sentence together, but this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Meal Prep Pizza Chicken more than belongs together! Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Meal Prep Pizza Chicken
Yields: 4 servings
• 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2 cups marinara sauce
• 1/4 cup low moisture mozzarella
• 12 slices uncured turkey pepperoni
• 1 tsp oregano
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1 tsp red pepper flakes
• 1 tsp basil
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat a 12" cast iron skillet to medium heat with extra virgin olive oil.
2. Combine oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
3. Clean and pat chicken breasts dry. Rub the spice mixture well into the chicken breasts.
4. Place chicken in the pan. Cook for 4 minutes then flip and cook for another 4 minutes. Depending on how thick your chicken breasts are, cooking may take a little less or slightly longer. Check the center by slicing a small sliver in the center to ensure it is not pink.
5. While the chicken cooks, set the oven to a high broil.
6. Remove chicken from the skillet and place marinara sauce in the pan with crushed red pepper flakes and basil. Simmer on low for 5 minutes.
7. Add chicken breasts back to the pan, place 3 slices of turkey pepperoni on each chicken breast then cover with the cheese, dividing it evenly among the chicken breasts.
8. Place the skillet in the oven for ~5 minutes to melt the cheese over the chicken breasts.
9. Remove from the oven and divide among 4 meal prep containers. Enjoy!