CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
High Protein Veggie Breakfast Bake
Yields: 4 servings
• 4 large eggs
• 10 egg whites
• 2/3 cup low fat cottage cheese
• 3/4 cup frozen spinach, thawed
• 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
• 1/2 cup broccoli florets, chopped
• 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp onion powder
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare a casserole dish by spraying with nonstick olive or avocado oil spray.
2. Drain the spinach in a colander then place between paper towels and drain out excess water.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, egg whites and cottage cheese until combined. Add the spinach, mushrooms, broccoli, bell pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix together then transfer to the prepared casserole dish.
4. Bake 40-45 minutes or until the eggs are set in the center. Remove from the oven and cool 5 minutes before slicing.
5. Store in the refrigerator up to 5 days.