Bring your meal prep game up a notch with this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Ground Turkey Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce. Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Ground Turkey Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
• 1 jar roasted red peppers drained (approximately 1 cup)
• 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
• 1 clove garlic
• 1/4 cup almonds
• 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 4 oz dry linguine
• 1 lb lean ground turkey
• 1 large zucchini spiralized (approx 4-6 cups)
• Parmesan cheese to taste
1. Combine all sauce ingredients (first 8 ingredients) in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions.
3. While pasta is cooking, cook the ground turkey in a large skillet, breaking it up into small pieces until no pink remains.
4. Add the spiralized zucchini, and cook, using tongs to move it around in the pan, for approx. 3 minutes.
5. Add the cooked pasta to the pan, and toss with the ground turkey and zucchini noodles until evenly distributed.
6. Add the sauce to the pan and toss everything to coat.
7. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
- Sauce can be made 3 days ahead, or frozen for up to 3 months.
- If you don't have a spiralizer, cut the zucchini into small chunks and sautee for a few extra minutes, until soft.