Bring your meal prep game up a notch with this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Grilled Thai Coconut Lime Skirt Steak!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Grilled Thai Coconut Lime Skirt Steak
Serving Size: 3.5 oz
• ½ cup lite coconut milk
• ¼ cup coconut sugar
• 2 teaspoons lime zest
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce
• 2 teaspoons grated ginger root
• 1 pound beef skirt steak, preferably grass fed, cut into 4-inch lengths
• ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
1. Whisk coconut milk, coconut sugar, lime zest, lime juice, fish sauce and ginger in a small bowl. Place skirt steak in a 1 gallon resealable bag. Pour marinade over the steak. Press out air and seal bag shut. Refrigerate the steak 4 to 12 hours.
2. Preheat grill to high heat.
3. Drain steak and discard marinade. Pat steaks dry and sprinkle with salt.
4. Cook 2 minutes and turn a quarter turn to create hash mark. Continue cooking 30 to 90 seconds more on first side. Flip steaks over and continue cooking 2 ½ to 5 minutes on the second side to desired doneness, 5 to 8 minutes total depending on thickness of the steaks.
5. Let steaks rest on carving board at least 4 minutes before cutting lengthwise across the grain.