Another great Macro Monday Recipe from CrossFit Soda City! This week we've got Easy Chicken Burrito Bowls! Check back through our blog for 100+ tried & tested recipes! New one released each Monday morning at 8 a.m. ET!
CrossFit Soda City
Easy Chicken Burrito Bowls
Serving Size: 1 bowl - recipe makes 6
• 1 cup brown rice
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/4 teaspoon paprika
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 (15.25-ounces) can whole kernel corn, drained
• 1/2 cup diced tomatoes or pico de gallo
1. In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add ground chicken, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, onion powder and paprika; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Cook until chicken has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
4. Divide rice and top with ground chicken mixture, black beans, corn and diced tomatoes.