Finally! An Enchilada recipe that doesn't kill your calories or leave you starving to fit those macros! This week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Creamy Chicken Enchiladas needs to be put into your weekly meal prep ASAP! IIFYM.
CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Yeilds: 8 Servings
Serving Size: 1 Enchilada
• Cooking spray
• 16 oz jar salsa verde, divided
• ½ cup full fat Greek yogurt
• 2 cups 2% shredded Mexican blend cheese
• 2 Tbsp cilantro paste
• 1 lb chicken, cooked and shredded
• 8 large whole grain tortillas
• ¼ cup chopped green onions
• Fresh chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 375° Farenheit.
2. Spray a 13x9x2" pan with cooking spray, then spread 1 cup of salsa verde around the prepared pan.
3. Combine yogurt, 1 cup cheese and 2 Tbsp cilantro paste in a small bowl. Fold in chicken.
4. Warm tortillas per package directions, and spread ⅛ of the filling mix down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared pan. Repeat until you've got all 8 in the pan.
5. Pour remaining salsa verde over the top of the enchiladas, and spread with spoon or spatula to cover. Bake 15 minutes.
6. Top with remaining cheese, bake an additional 5-10 minutes, and sprinkle chopped green onions and cilantro over the top. Serve.