Have a Holiday Party coming up and want to bring something delicious AND healthy? Check out this Macro Monday Greek Yogurt Onion Dip recipe and make those taste buds happy while keeping your numbers inline! IIFYM!
IIFYM, Macro Monday, 11/27/17 Greek Yogurt Onion Dip
Serving size: ⅛ recipe
• 2 onion, thinly sliced
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
• kosher salt
• Freshly ground pepper
• 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
• 2 c. plain Greek yogurt
1. Cook the Onions: Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onions and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Turn down the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and caramelized—about 20 minutes. If the onions are browning too quickly, turn down the heat and add a splash of water. When the onions are caramelized and jammy, add the vinegar. Reduce the vinegar slightly, about 1 minute and remove from heat.
2. In a medium serving bowl, combine caramelized onions and Greek yogurt.
3. Serve cold or at room temperature with carrot sticks and crackers.