CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal
Yields: 8 servings
• 3 medium ripe bananas
• 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
• 2 cups rolled oats
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• Pinch of salt
• 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
• 1/4 cup raw walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, peel and mash two of the bananas.
3. Add in almond milk, vanilla extract, and peanut butter to the mashed bananas. Whisk ingredients together.
4. Add the rolled oats, baking powder, ground cinnamon, salt, and chocolate chips to the banana mixture. Whisk again, until all ingredients are well-combined.
5. Pour the mixture evenly into a baking dish and add remaining banana (cut into rounds) on top. Then, sprinkle walnuts on top before placing the baking dish in oven for 30 minutes.
6. Remove oatmeal from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving. Baked oatmeal can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 days.