Start your mornings off right with this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Chicken Sausage Egg Bites. Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Chicken Sausage Egg Bites
Yields: 6 egg bites
• 1¼ cup Egg Whites
• 1 Large Whole Egg
• 2 Cajun Chicken Sausage, diced
• ¼ cup Jalapenos, diced
• ½ tsp pepper
• ½ tsp garlic powder
• 1 dash salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Prep muffin tin by coating with a layer of non-stick spray.
2. In a medium bowl combine diced chicken sausage, diced jalapenos, black pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Stir.
3. Add the liquid egg white and crack the full egg into the bowl. Whisk everything together for 1 minute.
4. Pour or scoop sausage egg mixture into the muffin tins, filling ¾ of the way full. Then top each egg bite with one slice of jalapeño.
5. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. You will see the egg muffins puff up really high like a souffle, they will shrink down almost immediately upon removing from the oven.
6. Serve and enjoy, or allow to cool completely and portion out for the week’s breakfasts.