The start of a new week brings a brand new CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe! Enjoy this tried and tested Chicken Pad Thai!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Chicken Pad Thai
Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
• 10 oz Thai rice noodles
• 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic
• 2 carrots, sliced into thin strips
• 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 2 tbsp rice vinegar
• 4 tbsp fish sauce
• 3 green onions, chopped (divided)
• 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts, optional
• 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
• 1/4 cup peanuts, crushed
• 1/3 cup cilantro
• 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
• red pepper flakes, optional
1. Prepare rice noodles according to the instructions on the package. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large non-stick wok or skillet over medium heat.
3. Add chicken and sauté until slightly brown.
4. Add bell pepper, carrots and garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes.
5. Add the noodles, brown sugar, rice vinegar, fish sauce and green onions, sautéeing for one more minute. (Optional: Add red pepper flakes)
6. Push the chicken mixture the edge of the pan and add the beaten eggs into the center. Scramble with the spoon until the eggs have cooked through.
7. Add in bean sprouts and sauté for another minute, tossing everything together.
8. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
9. Arrange in containers, topping each with crushed peanuts, cilantro and a wedge of lime. Enjoy!