This week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Chicken, Cucumber, Tomato and Avocado Salad is a PERFECT lunchtime option for all of the 9-5'ers. Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Chicken, Cucumber, Tomato and Avocado Salad
Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
• 16 oz. boneless skinless chicken tenders
• 1–1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
• 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
• 1 ½ tablespoons water
• 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (2 small lemons)
• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• 2 teaspoons dried parsley
• 2 teaspoons dried basil
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/8–1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 large avocado-diced
• 1 cucumber -diced
• 2 cups cherry tomatoes-halved
• 1 small-medium red onion- sliced
• 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese- to sprinkle on top if desired
1. First, in a medium bowl combine all ingredients for marinade/dressing and stir well.
2. Reserve half of the mixture for later (cover and store in the fridge).
3. Place chicken tenders in remaining mixture and flip the chicken to coat well
4. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 15-20 minutes.
5. Grease grilling pan with olive oil, heat over medium high heat and grill the chicken a few minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked completely. Cool for a few minutes, then chop the chicken in bite size pieces.
6. In a large bowl combine diced avocado, cucumber, sliced cherry tomatoes, red onion and chopped chicken, pour reserved dressing over the salad ingredients, stir well and serve.