Cinco de Mayo falls on Taco Tuesday tomorrow, so make sure to enjoy this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Carne Asada Street Tacos!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Carne Asada Street Tacos
Yields: 6 servings
• 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
• 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 teaspoons chili powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 12 4.5-inch tortillas,warmed
• 3/4 cup diced red onion
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
• 1 lime, cut into wedges
1. In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin and oregano.
2. In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine soy sauce mixture and steak; marinate for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
3. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add steak and marinade, and cook, stirring often, until steak has browned and marinade has reduced, about 5-6 minutes, or until desired doneness.
4. Serve steak in warmed tortillas, topped with red onion, cilantro and lime.