This week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps is a perfect addition to your nutrition arsenal. Easy to make and a real pleasure to eat, enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Yields: 3 servings
• 1 pound lean ground turkey
• 1/2 cup onion, diced finely
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 3/4 cup shredded carrots
• 1 cup celery, sliced thinly
• 1 head iceberg or butter lettuce, leaves removed to form cups
• salt and pepper
• 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
• Blue cheese or goat cheese crumbles to top (optional)
1. In a large skillet, saute the onions over medium heat until soft (3-4 minutes). Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add ground turkey, season with a dash of salt and pepper, brown meat and cook until cooked through. Drain any grease if necessary.
2. Return meat to the pan and stir in the wing sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer for a couple of minutes.
3. Prepare lettuce cups. Place spoonful of meat into lettuce cup, top with shredded carrot and chopped celery. Sprinkle with some blue cheese crumbles. Wrap up and enjoy!