Wow. That's the immediate reaction to this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Breakfast Quesadillas. Stop what you're doing, and go make these!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Yields: 4 servings
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 cup diced ham or turkey bacon
• 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
• 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 2 green onions, thinly sliced
• 4 4-inch whole wheat tortillas
• 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in ham or bacon and broccoli until broccoli is tender and bright green, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add eggs to the skillet and cook, stirring gently using a silicone or heat-proof spatula, until they just begin to set; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Continue cooking until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in green onions.
4. Layer half of each tortilla with the egg mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Fold in half and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
5. Place into oven and bake until the cheese has melted, about 5-6 minutes.
6. Refrigerate for up to 3 days. The quesadillas can be reheated in the microwave in 30-second intervals until heated through.
7. Serve with fruit of choice!