CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry
Yields: 4 servings
• 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
• 1 pound flank steak (thinly sliced)
• 6 cups broccoli florets
• 1/3 cup coconut aminos
• 1/3 cup chicken broth
• 3 tablespoons lime juice
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon grated ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a small bowl or jar, make the sauce by combining the coconut aminos, broth, lime juice, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and pepper.
2. Liberally season the sliced steak with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add oil, and let it get hot. Add slices of beef, without overcrowding, and cook 30 seconds per side. Remove from pan and repeat with remaining beef.
3. Leaving the beef juices in the pan, add broccoli. Add 2 tablespoons of the stir-fry sauce, mix well, and cover with a lid. Cook for 3-5 minutes until tender. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Add remaining sauce and the beef and broccoli back to the pan, stir to combine and heat through about 1 minute.
5. Serve with cauliflower or white rice and enjoy!