It is a tough time to find certain items in the stores. This week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for BBQ Chicken & Roasted Sweet Potato Bowls has a short ingredient list but packs a BIG and delicious punch!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
BBQ Chicken & Roasted Sweet Potato Bowls
Yields: 4 bowls
• 2 medium sweet potatoes
• 1 large yellow onion
• 2 Tbsp. olive oil divided
• 1/2 tsp. salt divided
• 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp. chipotle powder or chili powder
• 1 head broccoli
• 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 1/2 c. organic, low sugar BBQ sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into 1/2" chunks. Chop onion into 1 inch pieces and add to a large lined sheet pan along with the sweet potatoes.
3. Toss the sweet potatoes and onions with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, garlic powder and chipotle powder and toss until well combined. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
4. Push the sweet potatoes to one side of the pan. Add the broccoli and toss with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and 1/4 tsp. salt.
5. Add the chicken breasts and brush with 1/4 c. BBQ sauce. Bake an additional 20-25 minutes at 400° until the chicken is done (cook time may be longer based on thickness of chicken breasts)
6. Remove the pan from the oven and shred the chicken breasts using two forks. Toss the chicken with the remaining BBQ sauce. Add to bowls along with the roasted vegetables and enjoy!