This week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Baked Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs is absolutely AMAZING! Definitely going onto our Top 10 list. Try it out and let us know if you agree! Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Baked Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
FOR THE MEATBALLS
• 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
• 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken
• 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
• 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
• 2 Tablespoons minced scallions
• 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
• 1/4 cup crushed pineapple (juices drained)
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
FOR THE SAUCE
• 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos
• 1/4 cup water
• 1/4 cup pineapple juice
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
• 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
• 1 Tablespoon water
1. Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Spray a mini-muffin pan or baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, garlic, ginger, scallions, soy sauce, crushed pineapple, pepper and breadcrumbs. Use your hands to thoroughly combine the meat mixture and then shape it into balls using 2 to 3 tablespoons of meat per meatball.
3. Place the shaped meatballs into the prepared pan and bake for approx. 15 minutes until the meatballs are fully cooked. While the meatballs are baking, prepare the sauce.
4. In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, whisk together the soy sauce, water, pineapple juice, brown sugar, garlic and ginger.
5. Cook, whisking constantly, until the sugar has dissolved fully.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with the water to make a slurry. Whisk the slurry into the sauce and simmer until it has thickened to the consistency of syrup, about 5 minutes.
7. Remove the meatballs from the oven and transfer them into a large bowl. Pour the sauce on top and toss to coat.