This week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Baked Honey Sriracha Lime Salmon is one of the best one's yet. Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Baked Honey Sriracha Lime Salmon
Yields: 4 servings
• 1 large salmon or 4 individual (6 ounce) filets
• salt and pepper, to taste
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1/3 cup honey
• 1/3 cup sriracha
• 2 limes (one juiced, one for slicing)
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil, grease lightly, and lay salmon on top. Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste. Slice one lime thinly, and place the slices under the edges of the salmon.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Stir in honey, sriracha sauce, juice of one lime (about 1 tablespoon), soy sauce, and garlic. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and cook for 3-4 minutes longer.
3. Pour 2/3 of the sauce over the salmon (reserve remaining sauce for later)
4. Fold the edges of the foil up around the salmon and bake for 15 minutes, then switch to broil and cook another 4-5 minutes until the very edges of the salmon begin to char slightly - watch carefully so as not to burn
5. Top salmon with reserved sauce and chopped cilantro and serve.