CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Asparagus, Sweet Potato & Chicken Skillet
Yields: 4 servings
• 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
• ½ cup chicken broth or water
• ½ pound fresh asparagus cut in 1 and 2-inch pieces
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
1. On a cutting board, cut the chicken into small pieces, and season with salt and pepper.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic, and chicken.
3. Sauté the chicken for about 7-10 minutes or until it is cooked through. Don’t forget to stir well. Set the chicken mixture aside.
4. In the same skillet, add the sweet potatoes and chicken broth. Cover the pan with a lid.
5. Cook for about 7-10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are cooked.
6. Add the asparagus, and cook for about 4-5 minutes until tender.
7. Return the chicken to the pan, and stir to combine thoroughly.
8. Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.