Another great CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe to start your week off right! This week we're serving up some Asian Chicken Wraps with Thai Peanut Sauce! Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Asian Chicken Wraps with Thai Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 wrap
• 14 ounces Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets (about 2 medium breasts)
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 2 cups broccoli slaw
• 1 cup shelled edamame, thawed if frozen
• 1/2 cup shredded carrots
• 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
• 1/4 cup dry roasted salted peanuts, chopped
• Chopped fresh cilantro
• 4 whole wheat tortillas
• 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
• 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1 tablespoon Sriracha ]
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1. In a small bowl, stir together all of the sauce ingredients: peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, Sriracha, ginger, and lime. Set aside.
2. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Heat half of the oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium high. Once the oil is shimmering, add the chicken and sauté the chicken until fully cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a bowl and add 1/4 cup of the peanut sauce, then toss to coat the chicken. Reserve the rest of the sauce for serving.
3. To the same skillet in which you cooked the chicken, add the remaining oil and let warm for 30 seconds. Add the broccoli slaw, edamame, carrots, and half of the green onions and sauté until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. To assemble wraps, spread a spoonful of the reserved sauce on each tortilla. Top with the chicken, vegetables, chopped peanuts, remaining green onions, and fresh cilantro. Wrap and enjoy!