CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
5-Ingredient Protein Bars
Yields: 12 servings
• ½ cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
• 1 cup peanut butter, chunky
• ½ cup maple syrup, or honey
• 1 cup whey protein powder, plain or vanilla
• 2 cups whole rolled oats, uncooked
• 1 tsp cinnamon, optional
• Optional Add-ins, 1/2 cup: chocolate chips, raisins, dried blueberries, chopped dates
1. In a medium pot, combine milk, peanut butter, and maple syrup/honey over low heat. Stir just until all ingredients are well combined and warmed through. Remove from heat.
2. Add protein powder, oats, and optional cinnamon or add-ins. Stir to combine well. Taste and add more maple syrup or honey if desired. (If mixture is too thick to stir, simply add a bit more milk.)
3. Lightly grease an 8×8 pan. Press evenly into pan, using firm pressure to compress mixture into desired bar thickness.
4. Allow bars to cool completely. Once cool, cut into squares. Wrap in airtight container and store at moderate room temp for several days, or chilled in fridge for a week.