IIFYM: Hawaiian Chicken Burgers
IIFYM, Macro Monday, 7/10/17, Hawaiian Chicken Burgers
Serving Size: 1 burger
Yields: 5 servings
•1 pound ground chicken
•½ C fresh chopped pineapple
•2 tablespoons coconut aminos
•5 green onions, chopped
•3 tablespoons almond flour
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and form into 4 large burgers. *Note - it will be easier to form the ground chicken into burgers with wet hands.
2. Place the formed burgers on a parchment-lined plate, then place into the freezer for at least 15 minutes
3. Preheat the grill to high heat (roughly 400 degrees)
4. Brush the grates with oil so the burgers don’t stick and place the burger on the grates.
5. Cook for 4-6 minutes per side
6. Serve with more diced pineapple if desired or grilled pineapple slices
Add oil to a skillet or pan to avoid the burgers sticking. Turn heat slightly above medium/high and place the burgers once the oil is hot (do not add the burgers before the pan is HOT). Sear 2-3 minutes per side then transfer to the oven at 350 degrees for roughly 8-10 minutes until thoroughly cooked.