Holy moly guacamole! Check out this Macro Monday recipe perfect for some IIFYM World Series Finger Foods!
IIFYM, Macro Monday, 10/30/17 Sweet Potato Skins with Guacamole
Serving size: 2 potato skins
• Potato Skins
• 4 small sweet potatoes
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
• ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
• Guacamole & Toppings
• 1 ripe avocado
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• ⅛ teaspoon salt
• ¼ cup chopped tomato
• 2 tablespoons minced red onion
• Chopped cilantro for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Tightly wrap sweet potatoes in foil and place on a baking sheet. Roast until very tender, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Carefully unwrap and set aside to cool.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving a ¼-inch border (save the scooped-out flesh for another use). Place the sweet potato halves skin-side up on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake until browned and crisp, 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Cut each skin in half width-wise and return to the baking sheet, skin-side down. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Cheddar. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, make the guacamole: Mash avocado in a medium bowl. Stir in lime juice, garlic and salt.
Top each sweet potato skin with guacamole, tomato, onion and cilantro, if desired.