CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Spinach Artichoke Chicken Burgers
Yields: 5 servings
• 1 small onion, minced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 oz fresh spinach, chopped
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
• Large pinch salt
• 1 lb ground chicken
• Zest of 1 lemon, grated
• Large pinch crushed red pepper
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Sauté the onions until translucent, add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add spinach and stir so it wilts, then add the artichoke hearts and cook, stirring, for 30-60 seconds. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl, add the ground chicken, lemon zest, red pepper, and salt and black pepper. Add in the partially cooled spinach mixture and mix well with your hands to combine.
3. Form the mixture into 5 patties.
4. Prepare to either grill or pan fry the burgers. Heat your grill or skillet over medium heat and brush generously with oil. Once sizzling hot, cook each patty for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.