Slow-Cooker Braised Beef IN a Baked Potato? This week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe raises the bar on your meal prep game. Make this immediately and thank us later!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Slow-Cooker Braised Beef in Baked Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 potato (1/3 of recipe)
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
• 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
• 3 tablespoons tomato paste
• 1/4 teaspoon paprika
• 1/4 teaspoon cumin
• 9 ounces beef chuck roast, cut into rough 2-inch pieces
• 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
• 1 large bell pepper, cored and chopped
• 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
• 3 cups loosely packed baby spinach
• 3 medium Idaho or russet potatoes, washed
• 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
• Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook, stirring, until slightly soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomato paste, paprika, and cumin, and cook stirring, until thoroughly mixed and fragrant, about 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high and add beef. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until beef is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, and carrots. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. When mixture is cooked, add spinach and stir to wilt.
3. Meanwhile, heat oven to 425°.
4. Rub potatoes with salt and pepper, pierce, and bake on an oven-safe skillet or sheet tray until soft throughout, 50 to 60 minutes.
5. Split potatoes down the center and fill with beef mixture. Garnish with parsley.