You can always count on a new and delicious weekly CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for your meal prep needs. Enjoy this week's recipe for Sheet Pan Sesame Chicken & Veggies!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Sheet Pan Sesame Chicken & Veggies
Yields: 4 servings
• 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 large head of broccoli, chopped (about 2 cups)
• 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into chunks
• 1 cup snap peas
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Optional toppings: sesame seeds and green onions
For the sauce:
• 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
• 1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
• 2 Tbsp honey
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 tsp. fresh ginger
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F
2. To make the sauce: In a small saucepan, heat soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, honey, garlic and ginger on medium heat and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and allow sauce to simmer, whisking occasionally, until sauce is thick and bubbly. Remove from heat.
3. Spread chicken and chopped veggies on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.
4. Drizzle half of the sauce over the chicken and veggies (reserving the other half for later) and toss to combine.
5. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, tossing halfway through, and continue cooking until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through.
6. Drizzle remaining sauce over top and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions (optional) Can be served with rice or quinoa.