This week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday for Quick Homemade Energy Bars is a GREAT idea for those of you always on the go! Ditch the pre-packaged, over-processed "bars" and make your own the way YOU like them!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Quick Homemade Energy Bars
Serving Size: 1 bar (1/16 of recipe)
• 1 cup almonds* pulsed
• 1.5 cup quick 1-minute oats, uncooked
• 1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup)
• 1 cup almond butter
• 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• MIX INS (OPTIONAL): 1 cup dried cranberries, dried tart cherries, chocolate chips, OR other dried fruits or nuts.
1. Place almonds, oats, and mix ins in a bowl.
2. Heat the honey, coconut oil and nut butter in a small saucepan over low heat until melted and mixed. Pour over oat and almond mixture and stir together.
3. Once mixed, transfer to an 8x8 baking dish and flatten into a 1 inch thick square.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight or for 2-3 hours. Then, cut and store in an airtight container. Will stay good for ~ 1 week.