Get ready for a flavor explosion with this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Pistachio Crusted Chicken Tenders. Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Pistachio Crusted Chicken Tenders
Yields: 6 servings
• 1 1/2 pound chicken tenders (about 12 tenders)
• 1/4 cup coconut flour
• 2 eggs, whisked
• 2/3 cups shelled pistachios
• 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add the shelled pistachios to a high powered blender, or food processor. Pulse until nuts are coarsely ground, but still a little texture remains, about 10 seconds or so.
3. Set up an assembly line. Mix together the ground pistachios, shredded coconut, ginger, and salt and pepper and place on a plate or in a shallow bowl. Have the coconut flour on a separate plate/bowl and the beaten eggs in a shallow bowl.
4. Bread the chicken by rolling it in the coconut flour until fully coated. Then dip it in the egg mixture, fully coating. Last, roll in the pistachio mixture, fully coating.
5. Place on the cookie drying rack and repeat with remaining chicken. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Serve with honey mustard or sauce of choice. Enjoy!