CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Pepper Steak Stir Fry
Yields: 4 servings
• 8 oz flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
• 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 1 red bell pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
• 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
• 2 teaspoons sesame oil
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 tablespoon sriracha
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1/2 lb riced cauliflower
1. In a small bowl, whisk the garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, Sriracha, and cornstarch.
2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the diced bell peppers and cook 1-2 minutes until tender. Remove the bell peppers and set them aside on a plate.
3. Turn the heat to high and add the flank steak on one layer and cook on each side to sear the beef. Reduce heat to medium-high and continue to cook until brown on each side.
4. Add the peppers back to the skillet and add the sauce. Simmer for 1-2 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
5. Steam the cauliflower rice and drain any excess water. Divide cauliflower rice in meal prep containers and top with the stir fry. Enjoy!