CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Mediterranean Chicken Farro Bowls
Yields: 4 servings
• 1 cup cooked farro
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 cloves garlic, grated
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
• 2 cups chopped cucumber
• 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
• ½ red onion, sliced
• 1 cup tzatziki sauce
• ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
• Salt and pepper
• 1 cucumber
• 1 garlic clove
• 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon lemon juice
• ¼ teaspoon dried dill
1. Rinse and drain farro. Place farro in a pot with salt and enough water to cover it. Bring it to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes. Drain off any excess water.
2. For the chicken: In a gallon size zip bag, combine chicken, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat, add the chicken into the skillet and cook for 7 minutes, flip, and continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes until the internal temperature has reached 165°F. Discard marinade.
4. Remove chicken from pan and wait 5 minutes before slicing.
5. To assemble the Greek bowls; place a bed of farro at the bottom of your bowl or meal prep container. Top with sliced chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, red onion, tzatziki sauce, and feta cheese
1. Line a large bowl with a mesh strainer, place a paper towel into the strainer.
2. Use a cheese grater to grate the cucumber and garlic clove, transfer to the strainer to remove the excess moisture.
3. In a medium bowl combine the shredded cucumber, garlic, yogurt, salt, lemon juice, and dill. Stir to combine and refrigerate for an hour before serving.