CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Honey Sesame Chicken Bowls
Yields: 4 servings
Honey Sesame Sauce:
• ¼ cup chicken stock or water
• ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
• ¼ cup honey (or maple syrup)
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1 teaspoon cornstarch
• ¾ cup rice (uncooked; or 2 cups cooked)
• 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
• 3 cups broccoli (chopped into small pieces)
• 3 cups snap peas (ends trimmed)
• 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch cubes)
• salt & pepper
• sesame seeds (garnish)
1. Shake together all honey sesame sauce ingredients and set aside.
2. Cook rice according to package instructions. Divide between 4 storage containers.
3.Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan. Add broccoli and snap peas. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until bright green and tender. Add to the rice in the storage containers.
4. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan. Add the chicken to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes (if desired). Cook for 7-10 minutes, until cooked through.
5. Add the sauce to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes, until thickened.
6. Add the chicken to the containers and drizzle with sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
7. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.