This CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Healthy Breakfast Burritos is a game changer! Tried and tested by the CFSC team and guaranteed to start your day off right!
CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe
Healthy Breakfast Burritos
Serving Size: 1 burrito (makes 12)
• 1.25 lbs. ground turkey
• 1 packet taco seasoning
• 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 (10 oz.) can Rotel tomatoes
• 2 cups spinach
• 5 eggs, beaten
• 5 egg whites
• 1 tsp. salt
• ½ tsp. pepper
• 1 c. low fat shredded cheddar cheese
• 12 whole wheat tortillas
1. Brown turkey until no longer pink; season with taco seasoning.
2. Add black beans and tomatoes; mix well.
3. Over medium heat, saute spinach until just starting to wilt.
4. In a small bowl add eggs, egg whites, salt & pepper.
5. Add egg mixture to spinach; cook until scrambled, stirring constantly.
6. Add egg mixture to turkey mixture; mix well.
7. Add a heaping ½ cup to a whole wheat tortilla. Top with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheddar cheese. Fold & repeat.
8. Can be wrapped individually and frozen. To reheat, unwrap and place in the microwave for 90 seconds, flipping over half way through.