CrossFit Soda City starts each week off right with a new tried and tested Macro Monday Recipe. Try out this incredible and surprisingly simple recipe for Egg Roll In A Bowl. Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Egg Roll In A Bowl
Serving Size: 1 bowl (recipe makes 4)
• 1 lb ground pork (or ground turkey)
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (finely grated)
• 3 cloves garlic (minced)
• 12 oz bag broccoli slaw
• 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
• 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 2 tbsp honey
• 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
• 2 tablespoons green onions (optional)
1. Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
2. Add the pork, and cook, breaking it up with a spatula, until it is cooked through and no longer pink. Drain if there is excess grease in the pan.
3. Make a space in the middle of the pan and add the sesame oil, ginger and garlic. Cook for one minute.
4. Add the bag of broccoli slaw and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring frequently.
5. While slaw is cooking, shake together the soy seasoning, apple cider vinegar and honey. Pour it evenly over the pan and toss to coat.
6. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional) and green onions and enjoy.