Always in a rush each morning? Start the day off right with this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Easy Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole.
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Easy Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
• 3/4 pound uncooked turkey sausage
• 2 bell peppers, diced (~ 2 cups)
• 1 cup sliced mushrooms
• 1 cup fresh spinach
• 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• salt and fresh ground black pepper
• 10 large eggs
• 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1. Set a large skillet over medium heat and coat it with nonstick spray or a drizzle of olive oil. Place sausage in the skillet and begin to break it up with a spatula or fork and brown the sausage, about 6-7 minutes.
2. Add the peppers, mushrooms, spinach, onion, garlic, and a sprinkle each of salt and pepper. Begin stirring and cooking the veggies down until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
3. Pour sausage and veggies into a 9x13 baking pan.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
5. Pour egg mixture into the pan over the sausage and veggies.
6. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper on top.
7. Bake the casserole, uncovered at 375°F, until the top is golden, edges are crisp, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean– about 40 minutes.
8. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
9. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for about 5 days.