Be the king of your neighborhood block party this Memorial Day with this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for California-Style Grilled Chicken!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
California-Style Grilled Chicken
Yields: 4 servings
• 3/4 c. balsamic vinegar
• 1 tsp. garlic powder
• 2 tbsp. honey
• 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
• Ground black pepper
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 4 slices fresh mozzarella
• 1 medium avocado, cut in 4 slices
• 1 medium tomato, cut in 4 slices
• 2 tbsp. Freshly sliced basil, for garnish
• Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
1. In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, honey, oil, and Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper. Pour over chicken and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
2. When ready to grill, heat grill to medium-high. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 8 minutes per side.
3. Top chicken with mozzarella, avocado, and tomato and cover grill to melt, about 2 minutes.
4. Garnish with basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
*This can also be made in the oven or stove-top in a cast iron skillet if grill is not available!