CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Butternut Squash & Bacon Breakfast Hash
Yields: 4 servings
• 4 Slices Bacon - cut into chunks
• 1 Sweet Onion - chopped
• 3 Cups Butternut Squash - cubed
• 4 Large Free Range Eggs
1. In large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium/high heat (stir occasionally) until bacon begins to crisp and onions are translucent. Remove from pan and set aside. Leave bacon grease in pan.
2. Add butternut squash to pan in an even layer. Cook over medium/high heat until browned and tender (stir occasionally).
3. Return the bacon and onions to the pan. Cook 5 more minutes.
4. Make 4 spaces for the eggs. Crack and drop eggs in spaces then cover. Cook eggs to preference.
5. Remove from heat. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.