The key to successful meal prepping is to make sure you actually ENJOY the food and you can make enough for multiple meals. This week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Beef and Potato Slow Cooker stew is perfect for both! Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Beef and Potato Slow Cooker Stew
Serving Size: 1 bowl (1/12 of recipe)
• 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or coconut oil
• 3 pounds beef stew meat (lean)
• 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 pounds gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
• 29 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
• 1 quart beef or chicken broth
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
1. Melt the butter or oil in a large pan.
2. Season the beef with the salt and pepper and brown the beef for about 3 minutes on at least 2 sides, or until the beef forms a nice deep brown color. Transfer to a separate bowl and continue to brown the rest of the beef.
3. Once the beef is finished browning, add the onions and garlic to the pan with the remaining butter/oil. Saute for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant, but not burned.
4. Add the beef back in along with the rest of the ingredients, except the lemon juice. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours in the slow cooker.
5. ust before serving, mix in the fresh lemon juice. Enjoy!