CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Baked Salsa Chicken Thighs
Yields: 6 servings
• 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
• 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
• 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup salsa
1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. Place chicken thighs in a 9×13 casserole dish and drizzle with oil.
3. Add cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Use tongs to coat all the chicken in oil and seasonings and then arrange the chicken thighs in one flat layer.
4. Spoon salsa over the chicken and spread the salsa to cover all the chicken completely.
5. Bake the chicken for 25-30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165F.
6. Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for about 5 minutes, and then shred the chicken using two forks. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.