Perfect for Fall, this Honey Balsamic Autumn Chicken is a Macro Monday flavor explosion!
IFYM, Macro Monday, 10/16/17, Honey Balsamic Autumn Chicken
Yields: 4 servings
• 3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
• 2 chicken fillets (about 1 lb)
• 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• 1 lb fresh Brussels sprouts
• 1 large fresh red pear
• 1 container fresh pre-diced butternut squash (12–16 oz)
1. Preheat large, nonstick sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Place 2 tablespoons oil in pan; season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 12–14 minutes, turning often, or until well-browned and 165°F.
2. Combine vinegar, honey, and Italian seasoning in a small saucepan on medium-low. Simmer 5–6 minutes or until mixture reduces by two-thirds and thickens.
3. Remove tough root end from sprouts and cut in half; place in microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 minutes. Cut pear in half and remove core, then cut into bite-size pieces.
4. Add butternut squash and pears to sprouts; cover and microwave on HIGH for 4 more minutes or until sprouts are tender. Drain well. Return chicken to pan on medium-high; add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, sprouts mixture, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until lightly browned. Slice chicken; serve over vegetable mixture and drizzle with balsamic sauce.