Eat 1, eat 20 IIFYM, with this delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Muffin recipe!
IFYM, Macro Monday, 9/18/17, Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal MuffinsFrom CFSC Member Kristin D.Nutritional Facts:Yields: 12 servingsServing Size: 1 muffinCalories: 231Carbohydrates: 29.9gProtein: 6.1gFat: 8.1gIngredients:
- 1 cup nonfat plain vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 ripe extra bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil (can also use melted coconut oil or melted butter)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup 100% whole grain oatmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners and spray the inside of the liners with nonstick cooking spray. This is important to do so that the muffins do not stick to the liners. I would recommend using liners, as they can be difficult to get out of the tin since they are larger muffins.
- In a large bowl or blender, mix together the Greek yogurt, almond milk, mashed banana, oil, egg and vanilla until smooth and well combined. Transfer to a large bowl, and stir in Coach’s Oats. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes to soften the oats.
- After 5 minutes, add in the whole wheat pastry flour, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Divide batter evenly between the liners. Bake for 7 minutes at 400 degrees, then reduce heat in oven to 350 degrees (do not open the door!) and bake for 13-16 minutes more or until tester comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in pan before removing and transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
NOTESMuffins can also be made with plain greek yogurt although they will not be as sweet. I much prefer making them with vanilla yogurt. I used siggi’s which contains less sugar than traditional vanilla greek yogurt. These muffins has a hint of banana flavor and just sweetness from the chocolate chips. It’s meant to be a nourishing pre-workout muffin to nosh on.