As we head towards May 1st, here are some CrossFit Soda City updates:
#ICYMI We posted this to our CrossFit Soda City Members group on FB Monday:
1) We are doing some interior renovations. CFSC is going to look VERY different when you come back in!!
2) Going off of what we've seen from States that are starting to slowly "reopen", a lot of it is based upon cleaning & equipment procedures we already had in place, and square footage (space) per person. Luckily, we have tons of space and can more than double recommended guidelines on even our "busiest" classes. Georgia has said "no group classes", and this has been left to be very ambiguous in it's meaning. We will see what our state says, and the wording used, and respond appropriately if needed with "Open Gym" blocks of time with Coached workouts. We will fully adhere to all legal guidelines. We are not an OTF or Spin class where everyone is on top of each other and that type of blanket terminology and stereotyping is irresponsible.
3) We are assuming we could be given a green light somewhere in the second week of May. If you are not fully comfortable coming to a class yet, that is perfectly fine, and we will continue to offer our "At Home" programming and equipment leasing to you.
4) Plain and simple, the elephant in the room: outside of the elderly, the highest risk factor is obesity. Regardless of where you are, and what is going on, this is something we all have control over in the long run, and making better choices, staying active, taking care of ourselves - basically what CFSC preaches daily - is your best natural defense.
We are here for you at any time, reach out to us if you have questions, thoughts, concerns - you've trusted the CrossFit Soda City team since you've walked through our doors, and we will continue to be here for you.
We can not wait to see all of you again and coach you in person again. Thank you all for being a part of our family.
CFSC At Home
We are getting you ready for #MemorialDay Murph. Enjoy!
50 Pull-ups (kipping) or 33/25 (strict)
150 Air Squats
(this is half Murph, un-partitioned)
4-5 min post WOD walk
:30 OH Plate Carry
:30 Plank Rolls
:30 Sumo Squat
Find full info HERE
Got a home gym? Or still have access on base? Check out our regular strength programming for Tuesday, April 28th here:
2RM Back Squat
- Add in your Back Crawls / Butt Scoots to warm-up
- Add in Plank Rolls / Dead bugs to warm-up
- Warm-up sets with 10 reps NO weight, then 8-6-4 LIGHTLY
ascending weights. Go into a set of 2 that is in NO way a struggle
and build from there
- Belt as you like once you are in your 2's
- If you fail, bottom out (can't control eccentric portion), or lose
torso positioning, call it there
CFSC “At Home” WOD
(details at link above!)