We posted this last week on our FB page and CrossFit Soda City Members group, and will continue to do so during this time. We will also go over these items daily, before the start of each and every class.
Some thoughts from Coach Elliot, (PharmD, BCPS, BC-ADM, PCMH CCE), and the rest of your CrossFit Soda City Coaches:
Staying healthy and remaining physically active is great way to keep your immune system primed to ward off viruses and other illnesses during this particular outbreak of COVID-19 as well the end of flu season and beginning of allergy season.
This outbreak doesn’t mean you should stop coming to the gym, but it means you've got to be super careful. Over the next several weeks and months we want to see you here in class, but we do want to take some extra precautions to keep everyone safe.
1. If you feel sick or under the weather, please stay home. It’s in everyone’s best interest.
2. Wash your hands before and after your workout.
3. Wipe down any equipment that you use. We will have disinfectant sprays and wipes throughout the gym to use regularly.
4. CrossFit is about community and we certainly pride ourselves on the encouragement we give each other, but let’s do that verbally instead of high-fiving for the time being.
5. As a coaching staff, we have greatly increased the volume of our cleaning procedures to protect our members.
We will continue to watch the situation closely take direction from public health officials and take whatever actions are required in order to protect our members our staff should things worsen.
At this time, we plan to remain "business as usual". We are aware that some harder hit states have enacted a "2 week" ban on restaurants, bars, gyms, places of gathering, etc, and if so, CFSC is prepared to offer an "Online" daily WOD that can be done from home with NO equipment, as well as another WOD that can be done with just a backpack, single DB, Jumprope, etc.
Clean + Hang Clean + 2 Front Squats
30 Hang Clean & Jerks 95/65
20 Front Squats 95/65