CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Lemon Herb Chicken Thighs
Yields: 4 servings
• 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
• 1/4 cup olive oil + 2 tbsp for cooking
• ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
• 1 lemon zest & juice
• 1 tbsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 2 tbsp dried oregano
• 1 tbsp dried basil
• 1 tsp salt
1. In a small bowl combine the chicken thighs with the olive oil, yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, dried basil, and salt.
2. Cover and set aside in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
3. On medium heat, heat up your skillet with the rest of the olive oil before adding in the chicken thighs (shake off excess marinade), smooth side down and then cook for 5 minutes. Flip and continue to cook for 6 to 7 minutes, or until cooked through. Do not overcrowd the pan, cook in two batches if necessary.
4. Serve over a salad or rice and enjoy!