We should enjoy our food, and this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Glazed Chicken With Rosemary Roasted Potatoes is an absolute treat!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Glazed Chicken With Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Yields: 4 servings
• 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp salt
• freshly cracked pepper
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1.5 lbs mixed marble potatoes
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tsp dried rosemary
• 1 handful parsley, chopped
1. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper.
2. Place the chicken thighs on a cutting board and pat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the chicken, coating both sides liberally.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium. Once hot, add 1 tbsp olive oil and swirl to coat. Add the coated chicken and cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
4. Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Wash your potatoes well, then cut them into 3/4-inch cubes or pieces.
5. Place the potatoes in a large bowl and add 1 tbsp olive oil, minced garlic, dried rosemary, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper.
6. Toss the potatoes until they are evenly coated in oil and spices.
7. Spread the potatoes out over a baking sheet so that they are in a single layer. Transfer the potatoes to the oven and roast for 15 minutes, then stir and roast for an additional 15 minutes.
8. After 30 minutes total roasting time, stir once again and if additional browning is desired, roast for an additional 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
9. Divide into meal prep containers and serve with steamed green beans or vegetable of choice!