It may be "April Fools' Day", but this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for "Better Than Takeout Chicken Fried Rice" is NO JOKE! Up your meal prep game with over 100 recipes in the CFSC blog section!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Better Than Takeout Chicken Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
• 2 tablespoons sesame oil
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
• 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and diced carrots blend
• 3 green onions, trimmed and sliced into thin rounds
• 2 to 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
• 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
• 4 cups cooked brown rice
• 3 to 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
• salt and pepper, optional and to taste
1. To a large non-stick skillet or wok, add the oils and chicken, and cook over medium-high heat for about 3 to 5 minutes, flipping intermittently so all sides cook evenly. Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts and sizes of pieces. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon (allow oils and cooking juices from chicken to remain in skillet) and place chicken on a plate; set aside.
2. Add the peas, carrots, green onions, and cook for about 2 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften, stir intermittently.
Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stir intermittently.
3. Push vegetables to one side of the skillet, add the eggs to the other side, and cook to scramble, stirring as necessary.
4. Add the chicken, rice, evenly drizzle with soy sauce, optional salt and pepper, and stir to combine and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.